Hiring is expected to improve with a strengthening economy and relaxation of COVID-19 health restrictions.
Several employers around the Phoenix metro area have announced upcoming job fairs or other large-scale hiring plans. Some examples:
- ThriftBooks, an online used-book seller, is seeking to hire 150 sorters, inventory-control specialists and other workers for its new Phoenix processing center that opens in May. The company will hold a job fair from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. March 30 at 9393 W. Buckeye Rd., Suite 125. Go to thriftbooks.com/about-thriftbooks/careers/ for more information.
- Talking Stick Resort is seeking to fill about 200 positions from food-service staff and housekeepers to cashiers and front-desk agents. The Scottsdale casino resort will host a job fair from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m. April 6. Benefits include medical and dental insurance and 401(k) matching funds. Call 480-850-5446 for more information or visit casinoarizona.com/career-opportunities.
- Online used-car seller Carvana is looking to fill about 450 service positions to guide customers through the car-buying journey. All jobs are full-time and remote for the time being, with a goal of returning to the company's Tempe headquarters down the road. Benefits include 401k matching funds, paid time off, tuition assistance and auto discounts. The jobs are open to those with high school diplomas but bachelor's degrees are highly preferred. Go to joincustomercare.com for more information.
- J.P. Morgan Wealth Management plans to hire more than 100 financial advisers in the Phoenix metro area over the next year or so. Experienced, licensed advisers in these positions will offer financial advice for clients who prefer to engage via video and phone. The company also is seeking experienced leaders. Go to jpmorganchase.com/careers for more information, searching under "opportunities" and "Tempe."
- The Arizona Biltmore in Phoenix is seeking more than 50 servers, hosts and other restaurant workers. Apply at jobs.hilton.com/us/en under the Arizona Biltmore section.
Reach the reporter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Support local journalism. Subscribe to azcentral.com today.